Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sites: Zoho Writer

https://writer.zoho.com/home?serviceurl=%2Findex.do 

I love this site.
My computer didn't come with Word, so this is a great, FREE alternative. 
It looks like it has all the functions that Word has, plus more. 
I'm also happy that Zoho doesn't take any of my computer memory.
It has tabbing, when you want to work on multiple documents without switching windows.

Features: (PLUSSES)
  • Line Spacings
  • Fonts
  • Cool sharing functions (eg. live comments is possible)
What it could use more: (CONS)
  • Moar fonts. Also, give us a preview on what the font looks like. I might remember what Impact looks like, but Book Antiqua? nope.avi
  • Now this is something I am actually upset about: The site's custom dictionary does not include sections for Japanese or Chinese. D:
  • Sometimes it has that annoying ability of switching back to Arial, 11pt, when I want it to stay in Times New Roman, 12pt. *raeges* Edit: This can be fixed! :D Go to page setup, and then page format, and then set the default font and size to whatever you wish!
  • I have received sometimes, a weird indent, or an unwanted "enter".
  • The Indenting mark on the ruler doesn't work on Internet Explorer.
  • IF YOU REFRESH BY ACCIDENT, THINKING F5 = SPELLCHECK AND NEVER SAVED, YOU LOSE EVERYTHING. ((EDIT: ACTUALLY, IT ISN'T! THANK GOD, MY ESSAY'S STILL IN THERE!))

No comments:

Post a Comment